Hello, hello my sweet readers! The day is finally here, NYFW is on and today, in most of the world’s biggest cities we get to celebrate fashion. Vogue Fashion’s Night Out has become one of the highlights of the season. VFNO is a night where the streets become ours and the stores even more (even if that Chanel 2.55 will still be out of my budget tonight), a night where bumping into Anna dell Russo is 99% possible (trust me, that happened to me last year and yes, then I followed her around), a night in which even if fashion is not your thing, you get to join the cult (the coolest cult of them all, if you ask me). So before heading out the door with your 5 inch heels and all your fabulousness, I whipped up an outfit that may or may not inspire your VFNO ensemble. Of course, the Jonathan Saunders t-shirt is the main item. Ready?
This little t-shirt is what almost everyone will be wearing tonight and that, most of the time in fashion, is a true crime (someone wearing the same dress you are wearing at the same party, oh God), but not today. Today we get to wear the same t-shirt because we get to put our on spin on it! It’s a celebration of personal style! Some may wear it underneath a tutu dress, some with a biker jacket and a skirt, some with some fierce, printed jeans Me? I went for sequins and tuxedo! I added some leopard and pink because the outfit was just screaming leopard and pink! Here it is:
- VFNO t-shirt, JONATHAN SAUNDERS & GAP
- Tuxedo white jacket, MANGO
- Sequin shorts, TOPSHOP
- Hot pink pumps, GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI
- Leopard print clutch, LAUREN MERKIN
- Letter necklace, LAURA LEE
- Horseshoe necklace, ASOS
- Ring trio, RIVER ISLAND
- Go Overborard nail polish, ESSIE
For all the details on today’s look, go to FASHIOLISTA
- Card holder: This baby from Smythson fits perfectly inside your fabulous clutch. Don’t forget your ID, your gonna be needing it for the fabulous party you will be attending after!
- Camera: sometimes the iPhone is not enough. You outfit, the people you meet, the fabulous thing you’ll see are camera worth. Even if it doesn’t fit inside the bag, it’s a must!
- Mints: fresh breath and no chewing, you’ll be needing it after one to many champagne flutes.
- Note pad and a pen always come in handy! Need to make some notes for a post? Need to remember what you saw? Need to give out your digits to some hunky male model? Thank me later!
- iPhone with a fab cover: Swash, that’s all we need to say… Oh and Instagram too!
- Hot pink lips: hey, it’s a night about fun and bright lips are fun!
- Blush and brush: Keep you cheekbones picture perfect with Nars Orgasm, this baby never leaves my bag
- Body butter: I’m the ultimate moisturize junkie! If I know I’m gonna be flashing my legs, I like to keep them shiny at all times! Bliss body butter kills it!
- Black eyeliner: party lips need party eyes!
That’s it! Now we are ready to go! Tomorrow we will be starting the runway coverage so stay tuned!
Sweet kisses and happy Fashion Week…
Illustration: Ana Sofia Alanis
Image sources: ASOS, Gap, Farfetch, Net-a-porter, Essie
All texts, illustrations and collages are made by me, it’s forbidden to re-post without previous request (firstname.lastname@example.org) and images must link back to this site