The day is finally here, my sweet readers! Tomorrow I’ll be crossing the Atlantic before touching Aztec soil. Two times a year I get to visit my lovely country, that’s why Summer means so much to me. In spirit of tomorrow’s flight, I whipped up a styling sheet for those of you, who like me, are jetting off in the next few days. Airport style can be tricky. Some women have the misconception that “designer” comfort is allowed when travelling. Designer comfort for those tacky species means: velour Juicy Couture tracksuit, a pair of UGGs, the biggest sunnies on Earth(usually with the D&G or Versace logo in Swarovski crystals) and a big ass Louis Vuitton tote. This is the ultimate airport style sin, no matter how expensive your whole attire (adding the diamond collar on the Chihuaha named Candy Princess), you’ll always end up looking cheap. So yes, you need to look put together, but never over the top. A pair of stilettos and skin-tight clothes will en dup working against you after a 12 hour flight. Anyway, I’m gonna make this quick since I still have to wrap up the packing, the organizing and get a few hours of sleep before the departure. Here’s what I recommend:
Chinos are my favorite bottoms when it comes to flying, comfy but never frumpy. Add some knitwear and a cute jacket, throw some killer sneakers into the mix or a pair of ballerinas and voila!
- Peach chinos, ZARA
- Beige jumper, ZARA
- White denim jacket, MANGO
- Leopard sneakers, HOUSE OF HOLLAND FOR SUPERGA
- Alexa oversize bag, MULBERRY
- Aviator sunnies, PREEN
- Ring pack, TOPSHOP
- Double strap watch, SWATCH
- Beige nail polish, CHANEL
IN YOUR BAG
I think Mulberry bags or similar ones are the perfect travel companions. They have straps and handles for comfort, buckles and zippers for security and they lovely to look at!
Last but not least, the bag essentials (usually I’m quite descriptive and witty with each item , but time is running out and I really need to get everything done):
1. MAKE ME PRETTY: After a long flight, a few touch-ups before leaving the aircraft are needed. Hey, if looking pretty and winking are gonna mekr the whole immigration thing easier…
- Pocket perfume
- Lip balm
- Creamy nude lipstick (this is D&G)
- Stila stick concealear (better and less messier than liquid ones)
- Nars Orgasm blush and brush (peachy cheeks are rejuvenating)
- Benefit brown eyeliner
- Speedy brow form Benefit (a miracle worker)
2. FIX ME UP: Dehydration, smudges, bad breath and fatigue can all be beaten!
- Pocket tooth brush (not even gonna comment on this one)
- Avene thermal water spray (may sound snobbish, but it does help refresh)
- Hope moisturizer from Philosophy (hydrates, protects form UV rays, HOPE is all you need)
- Baby wipes (needed when least expected)
- Ani-bac (let your inner Howard Hughes take over inside the aircraft)
- Lip moisturizer
3. RELAX, TAKE IT EASY: I’m one who can’t really sleep inside buses, cars or airplanes. This is what I need.
- Sleeping beauty eye mask
- Neck pillow
- Cozy socks (also for security checkpoints, God forbid I walk barefoot while my shoes are on a plastic tray).
- Sleeping pills (yes, I need them, don’t judge me)
4. LIFESAVERS: have them at all times with you, you’ll need them
- Document leather envelope (passport, tickets, visas, money, your whole life)
- Wallet (we are nothing without the dough, sad, but true)
- Notepad and pen (paper and ink are always useful)
- Water, lots of it (not the silly little glasses they pour you on coach)
I’m off to finish packing! Next time, I’ll write from Mexico City!
lllustrations: Ana Sofia Alanis
Image sources: ASOS, Farfetch, Bodyshop, Net-a-porter, Zara, Bath & Body Works, Polyvore
All texts, illustrations and collages are made by me, it’s forbidden to re-post without previous request (firstname.lastname@example.org) and images must link back to this site