It’s all set and it’s finally here! NYFW kicks-off tomorrow and it will be the start of a wonderful fashion month. And while I won’t be there physically, I’m gonna pretend I am and give you the best coverage possible. New York City always has an extensive line-up, but also an impressive one. New talents and veteran designers put on a wonderful show and manage to get all eyes on the Big Apple for one week (not that the most wonderful city in the world needs more attention than it already has). I’m sure this season won’t be an exception, I can’t wait to discover what it’s store for us for the next Fall. To start with our coverage, I put together a little line-up of what we are going to be seeing on the runways starting tomorrow. Don’t know which shows are your cup of tea? Keep on readin’.
- THE BIG SHOTS: they have been around for ages, everybody knows who they are (even those who don’t give a damn about fashion).
- THE HEADLINERS: The true stars of Fashion Week. Young, innovative, talented, they are the creme de la creme.
- THE GROOVY: Indie vibe? Retro swag? Old school style? They have it all!
- HOLLYWOOD: When actresses and singers get creative.
- THE COOL KIDS: Favorites among bloggers and street style stars, they’ve got swag, lots of it.
- THE GLAM PACK: Love the red carpet numbers? Dramatic gowns? Shiny fabrics and textures? This is your box
- THE ECLECTIC: A unique as unique can get, this designers manage to put together beautiful but edgy mash-ups.
- THE ROOKIES: The newbies, the ones to watch.
- THE CUTE BUNCH: Like picture perfect ensembles? Flirty silhouettes? Parisian chic?
Below you’ll find the official schedule from the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. A few names are missing, but for the daily list of shows and updates, LIKE Sweet n’Raw on Facebook.
Let the Fashion Week games begin! What show are you most excited about? I’m all about the Proenza boys, Thakoon, Altuzzarra and Alexander Wang. Be sure to keep checking back for all the scoop on NYFW.
Illustrations: Ana Sofia Alanis
Image sources: Mercedes Benz Fashion Week site
All texts, illustrations and collages are made by me, it’s forbidden to re-post without previous request (email@example.com) and images must link back to this site